THE PERFECT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPH
To capture an image for your client and then for that image to be enjoyed by them is a wonderful reward as a Wedding photographer in Dundee. It’s when you take that image to the next level that it truly becomes an achievement—and this is the goal of being a professional.
WHAT MAKES A GOOD PHOTOGRAPH?
To be a good photographer and produce great images, you must instill this knowledge in your subconscious so that using it becomes second nature. A list of the elements that makes a good image follows below:
- Creativity: Ensure that the image is original. Look into your imagination for inspiration.
- Color: Be creative in your use of color. Include complementary colors in your images.
- Texture: Texture can add depth and emotion to your images.
- Print Presentation: An inappropriate presentation can ruin a great image, just as powerful presentation can make it.
- Light: Achieving the desired lighting in an image is critical to expressing your creative vision.
- Composition: Composition is about how you choose to coordinate all the parts of a picture into a whole. Composition is, by nature, subjective. Everyone has his or her own unique vision.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS FOR A WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER IN DUNDEE
- Make a Mental Shoot List: Nothing calms nerves and builds confidence in a photographer like feeling prepared before a shoot. Having a mental shoot list (a list that covers what to shoot but not how it will be shot) will mean that nothing gets missed and you will have more time to keep an eye out for fantastic photo opportunities.
- See the Moment (and Improve It): Once you have determined specifically what you want to photograph, check for anything that might distract from that subject. Essentially, this means learning to identify what the subject is, then isolating it.
- Hone Your People Skills: Your personality while you are working will either enhance or detract from the spirit of the day. Therefore, it’s important to respect your subjects and the environment you are photographing in, but also to put your subjects at ease. Be friendly, polite, and encouraging— and let your enthusiasm show. Keep an eye on your body language; people will reflect back to you what you communicate to them, so smile and be warm. This can make people feel calm and relaxed, even when being photographed. Move the camera away from your face when you are talking to the subjects. Do not become a faceless photographer behind the lens; when you think about it, that doesn’t show your subject much respect.
There are so many elements to becoming an outstanding wedding photographer Dundee, simply focusing on improving your skills at every wedding will quickly help you gain confidence and improve your images. Each wedding will offer unique moments. As a wedding photographer in Dundee, you may have attended hundreds or thousands of weddings, but it’s important to look at each one with fresh eyes. Put yourself in the shoes of a guest and get in tune with the couple you are photographing. It is not a matter of just observing the day, but really looking at what is happening and feeling the emotions along with the couple and their friends and family.